Blast Boss Abrasive Blast is post consumer-recycled glass. It is recycled and sized to meet specific blasting needs. It is made up of sharp angular particles, yet it is safe for handling and loading. It does not feel like glass, it feels like salt for the # 30 course and talcum powder for the # 100 extra fine. It comes in 3 sizes and can be shipped in either 50 lb bags, or 2000 lb super sacks. It is excellent for removing a wide variety of coatings. It is especially well suited for removing epoxy, alkyds, vinyl, polyurea, coal tar.
- Angular particles allow for aggressive profiling and removal of coatings
- Similar hardness to many slags, 6.0 on Mohs scale
- Less media required to achieve equal or better results, 30-50% less glass than slags or mineral abrasives.
- Very low particle embedment (less than 2%) which produces a whiter(SP-10) finish.
- Superior rust-back performance vs. slag/mineral abrasives.
- Can clean aluminum, brass, copper and stainless steel without warping, excessive profiling, or surface damage.
Safety & Environment
- No detectable CRYSTALLINE SILICA
- Chemically non toxic and inert. Can be used near water.
- No detectable heavy or toxic metals such as arsenic, beryllium, cadmium, etc. which are commonly found in coal-slag and many mineral abrasives like garnet and staurolite.
- Glass is listed on the EPA’s Comprehensive Procurement Guidelines for Blasting Grit.
- 100% recycled material compliance with federal and state affirmative procurement guidelines.